The Global Sources Trade Show is a specialised trade fairs located in Hong Kong. It is the largest trade show in Hong Kong that features manufacturers and trading companies from China, Vietnam, Taiwan, India and other countries.
We have been to a few Global Sources Trade Show and especially enjoyed our time here. It is perhaps one of our favourite trade show to attend due to how well it is run, managed and presented. We often recommend this trade show as a ‘must attend’ for beginners. So, over the next few weeks, we will present to you a guide to attending the Global Sources Trade Show and how to make the best out of your trip here.
The Global Sources Trade Show is hosted by Global Sources Limited, a Hong Kong based B2B company. It specialises in connecting China’s business to the rest of the world. They have been in business for over 45 years and have more than 1.5 million international buyers, including 94 of the world’s top 100 retailers.
The trade show runs twice a year in April and October. In case you are wondering, yes, it runs right before the Canton Fair Trade Show. It is a very smart move on their behalf as it is a great opportunity for people to attend both trade shows and maximise their product research capacity.
Global Sources Trade Show Phases
Like Canton Fair, the trade shows also run in phases. Phase 3 (Lifestyle) and 4 (Fashion) runs at the same time.
Phase 1 : Consumer Electronics
3,800 booths of consumer electronics, gaming, components and smart living products. It has Hong Kong’s largest selections of computer products, auto electronics and more.
Phase 2 : Mobile Electronics
World’s largest mobile electronics trade fair, features 2,800 booths of latest mobile devices, mobile AR/VR, wearables and mobile accessories.
Phase 3 : Lifestyle
Rich selections of creative, curated and innovative home products and gifts & premiums. It features award-winning products and the analyst’s pick!
Phase 4 : Fashion
Featuring in-demand fashion accessories, fabrics and apparel from China and ASEAN countries, it is the largest fashion trade fair in Hong Kong!
Global Sources Trade Fair Location
The trade show is located at the Asia World Trade Expo Centre, which is close to Hong Kong Airport. It is only 3 stops away from the airport via train. It takes approximately 30 minutes to the expo by train from Hong Kong Central Station.
Why Should One Attend the Global Sources Trade Show?
It really depends on your personal circumstances. We have listed below some of the reasons as to why one should go there. This is through our own experience and speaking to other attendees. For more details on the benefits of attending trade shows, check out our post on the advantages of attending trade shows.
Attend the Global Sources Trade Show if You :
- Are also attending Canton Fair
- Time poor and don’t want to look at too many suppliers/manufacturers
- Are serious about the quality of your products
- Are also serious about forging an ongoing relationship with your suppliers
- Would like to meet many suppliers under one roof at one time
- Can accommodate manufacturer larger minimum order requirements
- Have never been to a trade show or expo or exhibition before
- Prefer dealing with good English speaking sales representatives
- Are looking for new inventions
- Have very little experience in acquiring products from overseas suppliers
- Been invited by your current /prospective suppliers
- Have a niche and would like to the range available on offer within your niche
- Have products in mind and need to see a manufacturer to discuss further modifications
- Need your products custom made/private label
- Want more information on products that are on offer
- Can only afford to start with smaller MOQ
- Are looking for Raw materials
- Want more face to face experience dealing with oversea’s suppliers
- Want to deal with suppliers from outside of China
Why Choose Global Sources Show?
- It’s in one of the best shopping locations in the world – Hong Kong!
- All suppliers and manufacturers are vetted and verified by an independent third party to ensure they are legit
- They are not just there to provide you with a list of suppliers, they are also out to educate. Seminars and talks on entrepreneurship are presented by industry’s expert during the show
- Global Sources provide custom services such as private sourcing.
- Buyers will require comprehensive pre-registration to ensure hassle-free attendance
- Meet with manufacturer ready and willing to do business with you.
- The Global Sources trade show support system are highly impressive and efficient
- Knowing what is trending in-situ gives you the competitive advantage over other sellers.
- Faster turn around. Get results almost right away.
- An informative website giving you all the information you need for the show eg: trending product, supplier’s directory
- Participants from other countries
- English is widely spoken
- Suppliers/manufacturers who are not involved in Canton Fair Trade Shows.
If you would like to know more about Global Sources Trade Show, sourcing and selling products online, subscribe to our blog for a weekly post on this.