The final quarter of the year is the time where there are so many holidays, vacations and get-togethers. With that comes the need to experiment different looks to suit your clothes and accessories. But with lots to plan, who has time to go through each and every colors of hundreds of lipsticks sitting in your dressing drawer at the moment! (yes, we all have one of those drawers!) We’ll save you time and headache by giving you the trendiest and best lipstick colors you should be wearing to complement your outfits and accessories. A nicely colored lip has the power to be your facial statement piece, so before we get into the lip colors, let’s start with some best lipstick tips and hacks to make you look and feel a million dollars:
Best Lipstick Tips & Hacks For This Holiday Season
- If you are traveling this holiday season, find out your destinations’ climate. While it will be cool winter in most part, some parts of the world tend to experience dry/summery climate at this time of the year. Flying and the weather change can make your skin dry. Make sure to go with creamy, moisturizing- formula to make sure your lipstick stays smooth and velvety all day long.
- Matte lipstick can be your worst enemy as it can become drying. Prep your lips by exfoliating your lips to remove dry, flaky bit. You can use your toothbrush, a DIY scrub or a lip exfoliator. Apply moisturizing agent such as lip balm before applying lipstick. (you won’t find uneven spots this way!)
- How do you know if a lip color suits you? when you try it on, when you look at yourself in the mirror, you can still see your eyes and not just the lipstick. If you can only see the lipstick, it’s too bright.
- With all the eating and drinking you will do this season, it is so easy to smudge your lips. Be careful how you eat and drink. Avoid eating with your lips, bring utensils into the mouth, chew with your teeth and use a straw where possible. But if you are an every gal like me who’s not going to let smudge lips get in between me and gnawing on my lamb chops, make sure to bring your lipstick with you for touch-ups!
- Rule of thumb for picking the right color for your skin tone. If you are cool toned, look for a shade that’s got blue or purple undertones. If you are warm-toned skin, go with orange undertones.
- Another way to prevent smudging, lip liner (or a concealer!). Lip liner or concealer which is drier than the lipstick. This will create a barrier to prevent bleeding and smudging.
- If it is winter where you are at this time of the year, it is a great time to start wearing rich and dark lip color. Go nuts with pretty and subtle colors in the warmer climate
Source via Kat Von D Beauty
Source Via @Instavestier
Source Via @Nars
Our personal nude lip color favorites: Too Faced Intense Color Coconut Butter Lipstick Birthday Suit , Nars Audacious Lipstick Vibeke & Urban Decay Vice Lipstick Naked Heat Capsule Collection
Source Via @Revlon
Source Via @FentyBeauty
Our personal metallic lip color favorites: Lancome Le Metallique Purple Onyx , Fenty Beauty Starliz Hyper-Glitz Lipstick Supermoon & Nyx Liquid Suede Metallic Matte
That said, don’t let anybody tell you that you cannot carry a particular lipstick color . At the end of the day, it’s how you carry yourself and how fucking fantastic you feel when you are wearing it. That’s all that matter!
More Christmas Ideas, Tips and Inspo :