We have to admit, Keto Diet is difficult for us at first since we mostly ate Asian food. Most keto food ideas out there mostly use ingredients you hardly see in Asian cuisine, cream, cheese, and avocado. But there’s only so much of those we can eat before we started craving for the clean, fresh palette that is Asian cuisine. We were worried at first, most of the food we ate was soy based and finding a replacement for soy is not easy. Nonetheless, I did a bit of research and was stoked to find my other favorite condiments to be keto friendly. With that, I decided to make this Thai Style Cauliflower Fried Rice for dinner last night and was very very happy with the result.
- 250 grams Cauliflower Rice
- 25 grams Mixed Vegetables
- 100 grams Chicken Breast [cubed]
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Chilli flake
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 drops Sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 clove Garlic [chopped]
- 1/2 tsp Ginger [chopped]
- 1 Egg
- Marinate chicken breast with a dash of black pepper, salt, and sesame oil. Set aside for 5 minutes
- Heat the cooking pan and add olive oil. Sautee marinated chicken breast in olive oil until brown.
- After chicken turned brown, add mix vegetables and cauliflower rice. Keep the heat on high
- Add fish sauce, black pepper and chili flakes
- Cook cauliflower rice for a few minutes depending on how you like your Cauli rice texture. If you like them Al dente, it should not take any longer than 2 minutes.
- Serve with Fried Egg; preferably sunny side up.
Tip 1: The cauliflower will become soft and soggy if left to cook for a long time. So the best thing to do is to cook on high heat quickly!
Tip 2: Since it does not take too long to cauliflower rice to cook, make sure you have all your ingredients ready to add so they cook in time and not soggy.
Tip 3: Be careful when adding salt. If you don’t like your food salty, avoid adding salt altogether. The cauliflower rice tends to absorb flavours more than normal rice do. So, be wary of adding too much sauce or salt than you need to. Taste as you go.
Tip 4: If you do happen to oversalt your cauliflower rice, add the egg into the rice to neutralize the salt. Your rice may not look pretty, but it won’t be salty either!
Tip 5: If you are on strict keto where even a small amount mix vegetables would kick you out of ketosis. Replace the mix vegetables with other keto friendly veggies such as cabbage, zucchini, and broccoli.
Tip 6: To reduce the amount of water coming out of the cauliflower rice, freeze them before you use.
Calories: 270 (Per Serve Including 1 Egg)
Carbohydrates: 2.5 g per serve
Fat: 11.75 g
Protein: 21 grams